It would be a dream come true, to have a house built exactly the way you want it. Now, customized homes being the trend of the town, it is always better to have your house built by an expert builder. There are many services like the Redink Homes which helps in providing the best builder for building homes. But according to houzz.com, people often get confused when it comes to choosing the right builder for their homes.
Building your home with a homebuilder is one of the biggest and best decisions you will ever make. Working with the right builder will make it easier for you to build your home in the way you need it. Hiring a home building contractor to build your home has many benefits. You get to select the perfect floor plan of the house, the place where you want to build the house and you get to build a house which is according to your budget.
But before hiring a professional builder, there are certain things to be considered.
1. You can seek help of your family and friends, i.e. if they can recommend you a good builder. It is always better to ask them, as who knows, maybe they had a building work done recently.
2. There are several builders associations available where you can get the list of all building members.
3. It is always better to ask the opinion of at least two builders for estimates, if in writing much better. Also ask them if you require planning permission for the work.
4. Most reputed builders would not hesitate to give you the information about their previous clients. Ask the previous clients about the builders and find out if they were happy with the overall work and the builder’s conduct.
5. Check whether the builder is a current member of a respected trade organization.
6. It is very important to make sure, if the builder has the required training for safety and health.
7. It is best to have a written contract or agreement with the builder, outlining the work needed to be done, security and safety, finish date, catering, lavatory arrangements, working hours, disposal of waste materials and so on.
8. Make sure you contact your insurance company as your home and contents insurance may be affected by the building work.
9. Check if the builder is licensed and insured.
You can pay the builder in installments also. But it would be better to agree on a written payment schedule. Deposits should be paid only when the work needs custom-made or specific materials or it will take a long time for the work to finish.
Some builders may offer you a VAT free deal, which can only mean the builder does less work in a year or they are avoiding paying their taxes.
You need to make sure, if
· The builder would be in business if there is a work which needs repair in your house.
· The builder would finish building your home at the said time.
· You have a valid contract or agreement when there is no proof of payments done by you.
Make sure, the builder you hire is qualified to do the work.